Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP)
The Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) is developing a highly qualified workforce capable of performing both current and future acquisition functions. APDP combined with other career field technical training, leadership training, developmental education, and professional military education, increases the proficiency of acquisition workforce members in their current position and affords them opportunities for career-broadening development and progression commensurate with their abilities.
Acquisition workforce members are expected to possess competencies needed to excel in their current assignment and to develop their potential for career progression. APDP certification provides a means of gauging acquisition competencies. But it doesn't stop there. Because the acquisition environment is dynamic, challenging, and rapidly changing, Continuous Learning encourages maintaining professional currency.
If you are in an acquisition coded position, you are required to obtain Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) continuous learning credits. Attendance at SSTC can potentially help you get the APDP credit you deserve. To obtain APDP continuous learning credits for attending SSTC2012, follow the process below …
- Go to http://www.dau.mil … and in the large rectangle titled "Apply for a Course", click on your service (Air Force, Army, Navy & Marine Corps, etc)
- Click on
- Select your Sign in method CAC or SSN/DOB
- Once you’ve signed in, Click on "Request CL Points" (top left side under Continuous Learning CL)
- Click on
- If you are ask if you are requesting CL points for any of the cataloged courses, click "no"
- A form will come up that asks several questions.
- For the Name of CL Event for which you are requesting CL credit; type in Systems & Software Technology Training Conference and fill in all the pertinent information associated with the conference.
- For the Number of Points Requested, if you attended the entire conference, a maximum of 17 CL points is allowable for the entire conference. If you did not attend the entire conference, ½ CL point per hour is allowable up to 4 CL points per day. If you are a presenter, you can earn up to 20 points for the entire conference. For the time you are presenting, you earn 1 CL point per presentation. Beyond presenting, if you attend the the conference, you can earn the attendance credit explained above.
- Complete the form including your and your supervisors, e-mail address.
- DAU.EDU will send an e-mail to your supervisor for their concurrence
- Questions can be referred to SSTC Administrator @ email@example.com